Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

A convoluted story if I ever heard one

At the end of May this year, I registered for my fall classes. No biggie right? Millions of students across the nation, across the world, does this. I'm a veteran at registration. I've done this about 12-15 times. Not including summer sessions.

Yesterday, I found out I was registered for the wrong class. Except it's right. Except it's wrong. Except it's right. And the entire staff and crew over in the Office of the Registrar and as well as the Department of Teacher Ed. is having a blast of a tennis match over who is right and who is wrong with students caught in the cross-fire like poorly trained ballboys/girls.

Anyway, to make a long story short, this is why section numbers should be abolished. Or at least a better system put in place with less confusion. I personally don't understand why one class offering, with one instructor and one meeting time, and only 23 students in the entire damn class, should have 4 sections. It's the same class damn it! It's not like Bio Sci 101 where there's a gazillion students each term and sections must be offered in order to accommodate them.

Just another thing to not get hung up over.

So....anyone watch the RNC this week? The elections are probably the only thing more controversial than what's going on at CSUS's registration codes.

No comments: