Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008



Well, I was hoping that I could blog a lot more than I have recently. Because there is a lot to write about and writing helps me process. However, that hasn't happened and the following is why.

- My CT is an overachiever. Which is good. Except for the fact that I'm slightly overachieving too. And that makes for a very long, very thorough to-do list.

- My dad had some surgery. Long story short, the point of this part is that Kaiser sucks. And it takes a lot longer to make mashed potatoes than I thought it does.

- A college friend is getting married tomorrow. Yay! There are various preparations for this as well, and I'm a lot slower (read: more fastidious) than I used to be about certain things related to dress and appearance and social occasions.

- Readings, journals, reflections, lesson plans, unit plans, PACT (which deserves an entire series of entries to explain), and the fact that my selective memory has kicked in leaving a lot of last minute rushes makes for a wiped out Bonnie by the time the weekend rolls around.

- An other college friend is in Japan and requested some care package items that were so hard to find that I have yet to locate them to this day. I blame this God-forsaken dump of a town rather than said friend's hippie tastes.

- I have to lesson and unit plan for Sunday School too. Here, I'm allowed a lot more freedom. But that doesn't mean I'm working with curriculum that's better than Open Court or Saxon Math. Side question: What is with this preoccupation with witchcraft and psychics? I swear, I'm going to stumble along a lesson involving lighter fluid and a hundred copies of Harry Potter one of these days.

- A China teammate is now in Laos and I know shipping to Laos is on another level from shipping to Japan, thus planning a Halloween/Thanksgiving package needs to start last week.

- Did I mention the incredible amount of work that is involved in Phase II?

Anyway, this may seem like complaining, but to me, I'm just writing down what I've been up to for the past two weeks. It's difficult and time consuming and it makes me want to veg out in front of the TV for a month in order to recover from a week of this pounding schedule, but I love it. For sure.

Happy thought of the week: I taught an awful lesson on Tuesday. But I got lots of hugs and "I love you, Ms. Ng! You're my favorite teacher!" notes from various Ss. I don't like kids in general, but sometimes they make me all warm and fuzzy and think that having kids of my own might not be so bad. =)

No comments: