Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Phase III

English tutoring, Form 5, St. Paul's College.


Yay! Finally got news of my placement today!

5th Grade at EIB with JL as my CT. Funnily enough, I think this is the CT that my phase II CT had as a CT when she was in the program. Whoohoo! How many more times can I type CT into this paragraph? By the way, CT stands for "classroom teacher," "cooperating teacher," or "master teacher," all of which are interchangeable.

Scanned the schools' statistics on greatschools.net. They aren't great. But they aren't terrible either.

Ok, let me rephrase that. Their overall API score last year was 704. The state of California aims for every school to be at 800. A difference of 104 may seem like a lot, however I know many other schools with WAY less points than that.

But it definitely looks rather bleak for EIB. The 4th grade team seems to be really on the ball, according to their CST and CAT6 scores. But 5th grade has awful scores, especially in science and math. API ranking of 2 (out of 10) with a slightly better score of 5 (out of 10) when compared to schools of similar demographics and etc. Greatschools.net averages it out to 3/10. They were just shy of 2 points in meeting their improvement goals from 2007 to 2008. This 5th grade class will be taking their 2009 tests with me as one of their teachers.

Awesome, a challenge.

And thus that sinking feeling in my stomach begins anew.

No comments: