Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Stream of (un)consciousness


Oh boy. What did I get myself into now? Although I feel better about re-classification from credential student to masters student than I did about the whole NET thing, I'm still a little anxious. Only a little little. And only about money. Dear FAFSA, please let there be some federal money in the pot still for me to last through 2009. I know I rushed in getting you all filled out and submitted today, but I swear I'm a good investment for Uncle Sam!

I've made more impetuous decisions about big things in the past two-and-a-half months than I have made in the past two-and-a-half-years. Longer, probably. It kind of feels good.

I was not at my teaching best today. My students were not at their learning best today. Let's all learn from our mistakes and then put this behind us. Tomorrow is a fresh start.

Tomorrow I'm going to the first high school graduation since my own high school graduation. I'm strangely looking forward to it.

Reading Three Cups of Tea brings back happy memories of one of my fifth graders who had just arrived in the US from Pakistan. He's my all time favorite student thus far and deserves an entire blog post in honor of his name.

No comments: