Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Ugh

No good without a plan.

Finally, after a month, I got called to sub. Well, that's too damn bad because I already had to teach YR that day, and from past history, I know the brief half-hour or so before school starts is not enough time to find a sub for YR. Actually, knowing YR an entire week is not enough to find a sub for YR.

I know I made the right choice for myself. I don't like being torn like that, takes my focus off and usually leads to a very bad teaching day. But really! The coordinator person led us to believe each of the eleven new subs in the pool would be teaching at least once a week, NOT once a month! What is up with that?

Ok, it's not her fault. It's mine for sticking my fingers into too many things all at once. I've done this before, when life tosses lemons at me that are so rotten, I can't make anything out of them let alone lemonade. I cast a really wide net and let it fall, and then I get tangled up in it myself.

In short: I hate unscheduled subbing. And I'm going to send an email to the coordinator right now to tell her exactly the days I can sub for the rest of the school year.

No comments: