Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Will someone bring back Boston Public already?

Photo from http://www.hulu.com/sit-down-shut-up


Remember a few years ago there was this sit-com called Teachers (or some such title) that bombed and died quickly and quietly? I get the feeling Sit Down, Shut Up will go the same way. Not that the two were comparable - because Teachers is way better. Although both can't be called great entertainment.

It might be me, but I just don't get it. I'm not sure the profession of teaching can be created into purely a comedy alone. Satire, maybe. Dramedy, sure (although I don't really like that name for it...). But this? This is ridiculous. It's a waste of Hulu server space. I'm also not a fan of "adult cartoons" like Family Guy, even The Simpsons doesn't really appeal to me a lot, despite me falling into that viewer statistic category. It's so bad that I'm not going to bother creating a new tag for this post.

No comments: