Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blogger of the week

Or should I say chorus of the week? Nay, chorus of the year? Or just plain awesome at any time, any day.

I'm probably the last person on the face of the planet to know about PS 22 Chorus, and that's fine by me. Sure, their story is inspiring, they sing beautifully, and a school chorus is a plain ol' good teaching idea.

But it doesn't stop there, at least for me. I am not a big music listener, and the music that I do listen to are not in English. I don't know, maybe I'm hanging out in the wrong crowds, but there are just not a lot of good - nope, not even decent - music currently. The Jonas Brothers? Barf fest. Hannah Montana? Good lord, Bach must be constantly rolling over and over in his grave for all the horrendous things people have done to something he was so passionate about.

No, I think the greatest thing this chorus has done is to introduce music-starved people like me to music that is music. Eye of the Tiger? Yes please. Landslide? Ok, I knew this one, but only because of the Dixie Chicks. I didn't know that was just a cover too. And there's a whole new dimension to the song when a bunch of fifth graders are singing their hearts out to it.



Pictures of You is probably my favorite. So far that is. I haven't watched all the videos yet. And there are many.

No comments: