Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Now what?

Anti-climactic.

Solo is finished. I handed the class back to my CT. I spent yesterday observing other teachers. Will spend most of Wednesday and Friday doing the same.

Today, I'm getting the semester's paperwork organized, finalizing my portfolio (which I've been doing since June, so many things to add! and they are all last minute!), printing business cards, and making a list of schools to visit on Thursday.

On Thursday, I'm going to hand-deliver my portfolio to various principals and HR people at various schools and district offices.

Yesterday was a little awkward for me. I didn't want to be in the way of my CT getting back into the classroom. But I also didn't know what my role was. The university has said we are not required to teach anymore after our solo, but it's always an assumption that student teachers stay in the room past their solo to transition out. These transitions can be so awkward.

But I've got to do what I've got to do right? It's nice to observe other rooms. It's nice to take some time off from teaching all day and get my ducks in a order.

Most of all, it's just nice to be done.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Congrats on finishing your solo! Feels refreshing, huh?! Now you're going to ask yourself, "What do I do with all of my free time!" Enjoy it while it lasts :)

bun2bon said...

haha. I have a whole list of things I want to do with my free time. At the top of the list is, "sit in a daze and let it all sink in." XD