Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lessons from driving in the rain


Lesson #1: Just because you are driving safely, doesn't mean other people are.

I like to think I'm a pretty experienced, safe driver. I've had my license for ten years, no accidents, no nothing. Ok, one parking ticket, but only because I was in a hurry and there were no spots open except for the carpool ones.

This past week, I was almost run over by another car. On three separate occasions as I was driving to my tutoring sessions. All in the rain. All in my little Honda civic. All during the day time when the water on the ground makes that "whiteout" effect.

I guess my car just blends in with that whiteout.

For the rest of this rainy season, I'm taking the family's Xterra out anytime I think I might be caught in the rain. I would rather not be flattened into a soggy, crushed mess of twisted metal, k'thanks.

No comments: