Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh summer


How I love thee, summer. Despite all the turmoil that's already happened, I do enjoy these leisurely days. Let's count them:

- The luxury of waking up at 6 AM and knowing I can lounge in bed for another hour, or four, before actually getting up.

- Endless blue skies, sunshine that makes you doze off, and fluffy white clouds in the shape of bunnies.

- Water games. w00t!

- That glorious feeling of being untethered to a schedule. This one rocks in epic fashion.

- Getting all sorts of things done that I normally wouldn't have the time, or energy for during most of the school year. Such as washing my car BEFORE it gets entirely encrusted with buggies and winged friends. Or steam cleaning the carpet IN EVERY SINGLE ROOM OF THE HOUSE, not just spot cleaning. Or rummaging through closets, drawers, cabinets, and other hidey-holes to clear out all sorts of random, useless things collected with good intentions but unfortunately without proper follow through.

- Clothes shopping is something I do only once or twice a year. Well, the actual purchasing part, that is. I go window shopping a few more times than that. Taking advantage of all the summer sales.

I hope all teachers get to enjoy their time off to the fullest.

No comments: