Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Disappointment

I am Elizabeth Bennet!


Take the Quiz here!



Today was, well, not a *bad* teaching day overall. My lessons went fairly well; students are understanding the content where they had never understood before; management was under control. But it was still a disappointing day. It is never a good thing when three students get suspended in quick succession. One of which has serious social issues floating underneath a veneer of smiles.

Seriously, what is up with that kid? What is it that she's experienced that makes her think she is above the consequences? And not only above the consequences, but aloof to them as well? If she were an adult, I would smack her upside the head. It's like when Lizzie found out the truth about Wickham. Except I haven't gotten to the point of seeing the humorous side yet.

So. Very. Tired. I don't often feel reluctant to enter the classroom, and on the rare occasion that I do, it passes quickly and I'm happy to be there again. But I've dreaded going to school for a week now. Everyday. And it hasn't gone away. And my nerves are beginning to feel the wear and tear of it.

Thank goodness for the students who do make it worthwhile, who are encouraging through their behavior, cooperation, and willingness to learn. Thank you, and I'm sorry you all got yelled at for something a handful of others did. It's an awful tone to set for the classroom, and I know you guys are feeling the wear and tear of it too. Bear with it, your teachers are working hard to make things right.

No comments: