Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

One day at a time

Just another little box that i can't manage to fit in.

Today bombed big time.

Totally misconstrued the due date of an important assignment that should have been turned in yesterday.

Good thing I wasn't the only one.

Missed swimming. Again.

As if I needed one more thing to put me in a bad mood.

It's twice now I've cried this semester.

It won't be the last.

11 more weeks.

I know it's bad when I've resorted to counting down the days until the semester is over.

Ack! Stop thinking negatively or else it'll keep me up all night. Positives, positives, positives.....are there any?

No, there are. I'm glad for classes actually. They help remind me that my classroom philosophy is not wrong - something my phase III student teaching experience has not proved so far. I'm glad for teacher friends who are friends first before they are teachers, at least where our relationship is concerned. Because my CT is not someone I would be friends with if he were not a teacher and technically my immediate boss and I've been in desperate need to vent since 10am this morning. I'm also glad for cohortmates - UTEC stick together! Other positives in list form because my brain is fried and my fingers are numb from typing the long-ass Task 2:

- smooth dark chocolate
- yummy pizza from Trader Joe's
- warm, comfy bed
- hot, relaxing shower
- the fact that tomorrow is a new day and I can put this day behind me
- the fact that the end of today means one day closer to when I can leave this classroom/school with which I am fundamentally and stylistically unaligned with (please Lord, don't let me have to end up at this school)

Did I also mention it's only 11 more weeks? One of which is spring break? Thank the Lord.

No comments: