Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Forward

Beach! Totally not what I am doing right now.

I just spent the past 3 hours trying to make a 310 MB video clip into something less than 100 MB without sacrificing decent quality because I won't get credentialed without it even though I'm not required to do it.

And yes, that last part was on purpose.

Oxymorons abound in this profession. We are supposed to give everything we have to help these kids learn, yet make enough "me-time" to stay sane. We are supposed to save school money, yet more often than not teachers dip into their own personal funds to enrich the classroom environment with special activities. We are supposed to advocate and teach life-long learning but many teachers either don't find the time/energy or choose not to continue their own education.

I got an email from SDUSD yesterday saying that they would be willing to interview me whenever I happen to be around in town. J&S? Can I visit you during spring break? It's the first interview offer I've received. Which means I should get cracking on my letters of recommendation. I have enough references, but no actual letter on an actual letterhead.

REM: copy RICA official score report as well as my CPR card and mail to the college of ed.

Should I stay up longer tonight to upload my video and send Task 3 to Dr. L? Yeah, maybe. I might as well do something productive if I can't sleep. If I do end up in SD over spring break, I'm going to spend one day in interview mode and the rest in vacation mode.

No comments: