Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What a pressure cooker looks like

Add students behaving completely inappropriately, a career that hasn't even begun on the line, stir, and enjoy.


Pressure.

From CT who expects creative, innovative lessons.

From supervisor who expects complete classroom control.

From students who take every opportunity to test me.

From EIB which constantly calls my room when I'm in the middle of a lesson and whom get cranky if I don't manage to have the chairs stacked up at the end of the day.

From professors and the university because these are graduate courses.

From the state of California for making pre-service teachers jump through more difficult hoops every day.

From the economy because it's crap and education jobs are scarce, no matter what they say about it being a recession-proof career.

From the grossness that accumulates when I choose to work on lesson planning and studying than on household chores.

From my own body which is wearing down.

From the inside of my head which came to the stage of break-down today.

From myself because I know I can be above this.

Seven down. Ten more to go.

EDIT:

A good cry, a hot shower, some humorous perspective later: RESOLVE. I. Will. Not. Fail. Damn it. I overcame Dr. P.P.W. Wong and HKU; I will overcome this.

No comments: