Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bits and pieces

The way isn't complete - probably never will be - but I'm ok with off-roading. At least right now I am.


Yesterday I taught an art class way out in WC at a school called VV. VV is one of those schools that is the complete opposite of WB or EIB. Namely, it was swarming with parents. Which kind of makes me nervous and at home at the same time. Weird. Other than that, I was going to write about the SES differences about VV and the urban settings I'm trained for, but we've been there and done that so let's move on.

Boo yah! Got on the sub list of RDUSD! I'm going in tomorrow for the sign-up. Looking forward to many many jobs. Also looking forward to refining my behavior management so that it works in ANY situation. They said I can have my choice of which grade levels to sub and which schools to sub in. I'm open to any and all right now - even high school. Ok, maybe not high school. But then, teaching high school can be helpful to me as a teacher too.....

Today is the first day this week I don't have a teaching gig. Which is funny, because almost the same thing happened last week. Life does move on. I already knew that being withdrawn from student teaching wasn't the end of the world. But it's also nice to have confirmation that it's not the end of my career either.

4 comments:

vicky said...

VV, eh? Funny... my elementary school was also VV and happened to be in WC. MDUSD? d=

bun2bon said...

I thought about you as I was driving through your old neighborhood ("neighborhood" as in the directions I take, not as in your actual street. because that would be stalker-ish. Or not, since you don't actually live there anymore. nice ramble, no?).

It's a cute school. I love older buildings. I teach art in the library. We were drawing a monkey swinging on a vine and the librarian was kind enough to lend me her stuffed animal monkey as a prop. =)

vicky said...

aaaw... if only i still lived in the area! then we could have totally run amok in downtown. wouldn't that have been classy? (=

i probably dont even know where the library is anymore, but i'm glad to hear you had a good time there. if you're ever in the area around Christmas time, there's this family who goes all out on their decorations just a block away from the school. we make our annual pilgrimage there on Christmas Eve.

bun2bon said...

Will you go this Christmas?

I wonder how my students from VV are doing? I'm not sure if YR is doing art classes there this semester.....