Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Seeing is Believing


I'm a big fan of Diana Wynne Jones, as chronicled here. Surprisingly, my local library has quite a few of her books. This one is a collection of short stories.

It took me a long time to get into reading (and writing) short stories. They just never had the same plot and character development as novel-length books, which was what I liked the most. Still do. But I've come around to short stories. I would have done it earlier if I had read this book before now.

My favorite ones from this collection are:

- The Sage of Theare

- Dragon Reserve, Home Eight

- What the Cat Told Me

The creepiest story I have read in ALL TIME is contained within these covers:

- The Master

::shudder:: It has a Pan's Labyrinth feel to it. Good story, but it freaked the bejesus out of me.

No comments: