Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Field trip Fridays: Shatin's Hong Kong Heritage Museum


So I came here during my vacation mainly because they were having a special exhibition on 1940-1950 Paris and London couture fashions here.

But they also have a nice permanent art exhibit too.

As well as local Hong Kong history (but didn't take photos of those - HK museums are over-populated with museum guards).

It was a fun way to spend a rainy afternoon.

If the impossible truly is impossible, then it probably is impossible for me to ever take students from CA to HK just to visit this museum. But, it is still a great place, and I would take students here if I ever got a chance.

By the way, the seven major museums in HK are free every Wednesday of the week. Except for special exhibitions, but some of the museums - including this one - has a discounted entrance fee for those on Wednesdays too.

No comments: