Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Alive!

Like sometime rising up out of a pit.

Just barely. Had a close shave with another sinus infection - second one this year. I'm still getting over the tail end of it. Luckily it didn't last three weeks this time, thanks in part to Nyquil. Still, I need more sleep and am not looking forward to getting up early tomorrow.

Lots of things to do, with a crunch for time. Story of my life as a student teacher. I like it and I don't like it at the same time. It reminds me of how students need structure and stability in their lives. I need the structure of paper deadlines and lesson plan due dates. I don't like it at the same time because I've grown to enjoy working at my own pace. Which can sometimes be much slower than the prescribed deadlines.

Every day has been a good teaching day. Well, at least there hasn't been a bad teaching day this semester so far. ::crosses fingers:: I'm sure there will be one soon. This group of kids is just too good. You have to pay them to misbehave in a big way. Of course there are little things like talking out of turn, getting out of their seats, being over excited and knocking things down. But they quickly get back in focus and no one has questioned my authority in a resentful manner. Very polite kids, very logical, reasonable students who care about and are decent to other people. Great kids over all.

I'm having issues with teaching two maths to two groups of students at the same time. Enough said for now. Partly because I don't even want to think about it right now. It gives me a headache on top of the one from the sinus pressure.

Thinking about my future and what I'll be doing once I'm finally done with this program. In in the MA program at CSUS too, but with the way things are I'm leaning towards transferring the credits elsewhere. Thinking about job hunting (bad), thinking about money and professional development and my life goals as well as career goals. So much to think about. Still, I'm forcing myself to push these items aside until the tasks immediately in front of me are complete.

But life is good so far. I'm at peace with where I am, satisfied with where I'm going, and glad I did the things I did in the past. Right now, I'm happy with that.

No comments: