Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Why I told your child, "It might be necessary to staple your mouth shut."

epic fail pictures
see more Epic Fails

Dear Parents,

I know your job is tough. I know you have to juggle a lot of things. And I know you want the best for your child. But it is NOT necessary to do any of these things, in any order:

a) provide your oldest child, the only boy, with art lessons. And leave your four daughters with no enrichment activities whatsoever.

epic fail pictures
see more Epic Fails

b) encourage your child to talk a person into insanity. Sometimes, it is ok to tell your child to shut up. They need to learn this. Period.

fail owned pwned pictures
see more Epic Fails

c) ask me, not in a questioning way but in a "I'm just making sure" way, if I intended to give the weekly art prize to a different student each week. For the record, yes, I do. And FOR GOODNESS SAKE IT'S ONLY THE SECOND WEEK OF THE SESSION. You don't have to show your disappointment that your child didn't win the prize yet in such a public and deep way. Frankly, your behavior hurts your child is more damaging ways than me not choosing him for the prize this week.

fail owned pwned pictures
see more Epic Fails

d) FOR GOD'S SAKE DO NOT DRAW YOUR CHILD'S ART FOR HIM. It's like doing his school work for him, because you think "he has too much pressure already." This is definitely a parent-fail in this teacher's book.

fail owned pwned pictures
see more Epic Fails

Because, you know, it's a little sad that Fail Blog has an entire section devoted to you.

Sincerely,

An Annoyed and Tired Teacher

No comments: