Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Best Friends For Never: A Clique Novel


I can't believe I'm saying this, but I liked this book. It's one of those books that are a complete leap out of my usual reading list. Seriously, I barely liked Sweet Valley High and The Babysitters Club way back in the day. So I was surprised to discover how smart this book is.

Octavian Country Day School's student population is self-centered (even the supposedly "geeky" ones), trendy, back-stabbing, neurotic, insecure, wacky, condescending, moody, fun-loving, emo. Basically everything that a pre-teen-teenager goes through. Except that OCD's (hahaha! I always laugh at the acronym for that school, and I like to think the author did it on purpose as an inside joke) kids are filthy rich. Most of them at least. The "geeky" girl isn't declared "poor" outright, but there are allusions.

It's a fun, easy, smooth read. Perfect for 4th grade and up. Maybe some high-reading level 3rd graders too. I finished it in about two hours.

Now all I need to read is Twilight. Um, well, maybe one step at a time.

No comments: