Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The university of....life?


I picked up a new student this week - the first student I've met who attends the University of Phoenix. She's very insecure about math, and talks super, super fast. So fast that it's hard for me to keep up with her train of thought.

Which is what I end up doing a lot because she has a lot of misconceptions in Algebra. It all comes down to fractions, positive and negative integers, and the basic operations doesn't it? Or at least that's what it's been like for all my tutees who are struggling with Algebra.

2 comments:

ranting woman said...

My niece went to University of Phoenix. I did all her math work for her. It is sad the things one can get away with online.

bun2bon said...

Then why did you do your niece's math homework in the first place?