Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

1.5 weeks to go


My desk is no longer this clean. It isn't even in the same spot anymore. Which is a good thing, because there is a door to the neighboring classroom right behind the chair, and it kept hitting the chair, and it was annoying.

There seems to be so much to do, and yet I don't really feel rushed about it. I don't have my class list. I don't have my schedule. I don't have my school email account. I don't know how to get to the voicemail messages on the classroom phone. I have a mailbox at school, but my name isn't on it yet. Most of the walls are still blank, I want to get a label maker and a bunch of clear storage boxes for group use. Still ironing out the procedures and expectations.

I've got most of the year planned out - long range stuff, none of it in detail. I haven't really looked at the supplementary materials for the curriculum, but I have an outline of what I want to do and when, lesson-wise.

There's a week an a half left to the first day. I really should be much more rushed than this - but I'm not. Is that a good sign?

3 comments:

Ricochet said...

We have added a rabbit to our household. One of my children found a domestic rabbit loose in the neighborhood - and not in good shape. "The bunny whisperer" managed to catch the poor thing - and Mavis (who is less than a year and had urine burn) is doing much better.

I have taken your warnings to heart and will not overindulge her.

bun2bon said...

Yay! Rabbits are the most awesome animals ever. They take a lot of patience, but it's worth it! Excellent job rescuing her. =)

Ricochet said...

She looks similar to the one you had and is small (about 5 pounds).