Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of School Eve

Saying good-bye to summer.


The nerves are starting to make me hyper. And awake. Also, I forget to eat or hydrate. I can't be the only one that this happens to right?

Everyone has been so helpful. Thank you colleagues! You are indeed super.

Well, prepared or not, they are coming tomorrow. I've been pretty confident in my abilities so far but I never know until I'm put to the test, and the results come out, and I'm judged one way or another. Things I'm confident in:

- subject matter knowledge
- evaluating student assessments
- example-based teaching methods
- relating to students on a one-to-one basis
- organization

Things I'm not so confident in:

- mass behavior management
- time management
- stamina
- using technology in a meaningful way
- remembering names and matching them to faces

I gave away my filing cabinet to the other new math teacher. My other colleagues think I'm crazy. I might regret it later, I suppose, but I'll figure something out with storage. It was huge and in the way.

I realize I haven't been blogging much lately. It was nice to take a break from it for awhile. Well, it's back to work on that too, and I know I will have lots to write about. One of my bad habits is talking about work while outside of work too much. Not everyone wants to hear about students, or budgets, or communicating with parents. Writing about it here helps.

No comments: