Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Meeting-ed-out


I am totally meeting-ed-out this week:

Tuesday -- PLC groups to make Smart Goals. 3 hours.
Wednesday -- BTSA orientation. 2 hours. District board meeting. 3 hours (but I only stayed for 1)
Thursday -- Morning PLC group to plan. 1 hour.
Friday -- Staff development day for training on benchmark testing system. 6.5 hours.
Total for the week -- 15.5

I hate meetings. Especially the type where, for some reason, I can't get a grasp on what the speaker(s) are talking about, and then I get resentful because I wish I was in my classroom rearranging the seats of my two pre-algebra classes.

Because one of the other pre-algebra classes from another teacher is getting broken up to make room for an additional geometry class - a geometry class that should have been there on the first day of school any way because there is no physical possibility to fit 37 students in that classroom to begin with.

And thus, I'm absorbing 11 students from that class into my pre-algebra classes. It's going to be crazy on Monday. But I think I can handle it.

Maybe.

No comments: