Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

That's why


Wannabe Basketball Boy: Why are you giving me a detention??!! I don't care if you give me a detention!

Me: Why? ::deep breath in preparation for the follow::

Why am I giving you a detention? Because you just did something that, if you were caught doing it out there in the real world, people would either think you are a criminal - or that you are mentally insane.

Frankly, I don't care that you don't care right now - I care that I care.  Because I do not want you to grow up thinking it is OK to take someone else's eraser and put it in your mouth.

I DO care that you grow up right, with socially acceptable manners and decorum. I DO care about my job as your teacher, so I care about doing everything in my power to help you realize that some day, you are going to care. And you ARE going to care, because I cared enough to interrupt any actual teaching right now to call you out on your shit.

This is me caring, kid. And all your attitude isn't going make me stop.

No comments: