Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Failure. Again.

Pensive reflection of self.

I sent a student to the office for the first time. For defiance. Not the first time he's shown defiance, but I was just sick and tired of it. Didn't want to deal with it. Not today. Not 4th period. Not this kid. He has a lot of issues. I've tried to help. Repeatedly. I've tried to convince him he could succeed. That he could do the work and pull the grade and make the effort.

But not today.

It's a failure. I don't like sending kids to the office. I've never done it before today.

But I don't regret it either. When he was out of the room, I could focus on the rest of the class. I don't want to do it again, however. Will be better tomorrow.

On a completely different note: block days suck. Coincidentally, I don't see 4th period tomorrow, so for them, I'll have to be better on Friday.

I hope I remember.

No comments: