Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spring fever

Blue and gray skies.

I've been getting lazy as the weather warms up. Well, I guess I've always been lazy - just even more so now.

I still get work done.

I still spend hours grading every day.

I still plan and prep and organize and discipline and hold students to high standards.

But I care a little less about work than before spring break.

...

My attitude is more carefree, less stressed out. Which is kind of the opposite of what should be the norm. CST season is upon us here in Cali and the pressure to not fall down the program improvement plan steadily increases.

Yet, I'm rather detached from all that right now. I don't know if it's because I really don't care how well my students do on the CST, or if it's because I know they'll do decently ok so I'm free to not care.

Or am I deceiving myself into a false sense of security?

No comments: