Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

New things, old things


Finally got a new camera today, to replace my...new camera, the Nikon that I left in DC in April, and have given up hope of ever seeing again. Although J did not confirm that she had sent it in the mail. I just don't think I'll ever see it again.

Which is ok. This Canon was on sale, and in general, I prefer Canons over Nikons. More new photos now, and fewer regurgitations of old ones. w00t!

Tossed out some more old papers, expired condiments, and other junk around the house that desperately needed to be retired from my life. This continual cleaning is nice. Cathartic.

In other news, even though I got the wrong math books last week, I've been studying them anyway. How different are middle school Algebra textbooks from other middle school Algebra textbooks? Brushing up on graphic organizers and teaching methods to-be-used on future students. Fun stuff. At least it takes my mind off of today being the first year anniversary that Momiji came into my life. Still miss him.

Worked at the local rabbit shelter this past weekend. Had forgotten how jittery and untrusting rabbits are when you first handle them. Momo HATED me when I first got him. It takes a lot of patience and consistency to break into a rabbit's personality - hey, reminds me of a profession I know.

No comments: