Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

"It's more likely I got it from them

My best friend for the past 24 hours

I already knew I wasn't feeling very well starting Friday, but today the full-blown germies came out to play killing me dead in half and hour flat. I've gargled with quarts of warm salt water, drank gallons of liquids (currently on the fourth pot of tea today), taken vitamins and medicine, slept for literally half the day, spoke as little as possible and when I did it was in monosyllables, decided today would be an absolute rest day.

Results: I am feeling a little better, at least the surface of my tongue isn't this weird yellow-green color (TMI?) anymore. But tomorrow will be simply awful - my first full day of the semester and I start it being sick. It's like being back in China all over again.

I probably won't be of much use outside of nonverbal interventions and side-whispers. Good thing I've had a lot of practice in that, although I'm not quite sure how it'll go over with older students. Also a good thing that my CT is making me observe at least the first couple of days, although I'm kinda sad that I'm not starting out with any section, like I did with read alouds last semester.

Tonsils, you are so going to come out the minute I get non-emergency health insurance coverage. Although, if you develop into an emergency this time around, you'll probably get cut. Still, I'm hoping you can hold off - the timing is quite awful, just like my eyes and their "cornea's too thin for lasik and the other way will take three months to heal" attitude.

No comments: