Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Swimming


Yep. Mr. B was right. If I don't keep up with the paperwork, it'll be crazier than a band of monkeys on Prozac.

Third day was great too - not as good, nor as smooth as the second day - but overall, good. Productive. I have to think of some other things for my Algebra Readiness class to do before the actual lesson - they are all blowing through the homework during in-class work time like nothing else. Which should be a good feeling, and they need that kind of thing every so often, but not every day.

I've been staying until 5 or 5:30 every day this first week, and getting to school two hours early. Today, I pretty much spent 12 hours at school. I've done that before, and I swore I would never do that again. But surprisingly, I don't leave school emotionally and mentally drained. I'm still tired - oh, I am SO sleeping before 9pm today! - but it's not the type of tired that continuously sucks the life out of you. It's more like I-did-a-lot-of-work-and-it-was-fun-and-we-all-accomplished-something-so-it's-time-to-go-home type of tired. The good type of tired.

I hope my students are feeling the same. Overall, they are performing well on informal assessments, and they are going about math with confidence. Trying to maintain this level, gotta mix it up with other things too. It's not going to last at this pace, I know it. They will get antsy with the same old routine.

No comments: